- Raw Cheese Shredded (optional)
- Real Salt and Pepper (optional)
- Scallions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line each muffin tin with a piece of bacon
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Remove muffin tin from oven and crack an egg inside the bacon cup
- Variation to recipe – mix the eggs in a dish like you are going to scramble them. Add cheese, salt & pepper, veggies, etc… Pour that mixture inside each of the bacon cups
- Put back into the oven and bake an additional 10 – 15 minutes
- Remove from oven and use knife or spatula to remove from each of the tins
- Serve immediately OR cool and freeze for later
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Place the bacon and egg cups in a baking dish, sheet tray, or muffin tin
- Bake for 5-10 minutes – until hot.
Do not place frozen cups in the oven. They should be thawed before going into the oven to be reheated.
- 1 medium or large avocado
- 2 small eggs
- salt, black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 F.
- Slice avocado in half and remove pit. Scoop out about 1 tablespoon of the flesh from each avocado half.
- Put avocado halves in small dish (make sure they fit tightly).
- Crack one egg in a bowl. Try to keep egg yolk intact. Gently spoon egg yolk into avocado hole. Spoon egg white into the hole until full.
- Repeat with remaining egg and avocado half.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until your egg whites are set.
More information: https://paleogrubs.com/baked-eggs-in-avocado
- 4 large sweet potatoes (about 2 lbs.), diced
- 1 large poblano pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Place the diced sweet potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 3-4 minutes, until barely tender. Drain and transfer to a large bowl of ice water to cool. Once cooled, drain again.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Spread out the potatoes in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet (or two baking sheets, if necessary). Add the poblanos and drizzle everything with olive oil, then toss to coat. Add the chili powder, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper. Stir well to coat. Roast for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until browned. Serve immediately.
- 1 small zucchini
- ½ small purple onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and fresh pepper
- 10 organic eggs, well beaten with 2 tablespoons water (can be done with hand mixer)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise in half and cut each half into very thin half moon shapes. Melt the butter in a large (preferable cast iron) skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion and then add the zucchini. Season with salt and pepper and cook until slightly tender (about 4-5 minutes). Spread the onions and zucchini evenly over the bottom of the pan and top with the beaten eggs. Season with salt and pepper again and allow to cook until just starting to set at edges. At this point, if you would like to, you can add some crumbled cooked bacon. Crumble the goat cheese evenly over the top and bake in oven until golden on top (about 5 minutes). Slightly cool in pan before slicing. Serve from the pan or invert on a plate, then slice and serve.
- 1/2 pound shredded raw cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup organic whole milk
- 1/2 cup flour (can use gluten free)
- 1 cup organic cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten slightly
- 1/4 cup melted butter
Pour half of melted butter in 8″ square pan. Combine all ingredients. Bake at 375 for 40 minutes. Can double recipe – just use larger baking pan
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Real salt
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9″ pie plate with olive oil. Whisk together eggs, cheese, milk, basil, pepper and 3/4 tsp salt in large bowl.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and remaining 3/4 tsp salt. Cook stirring occasionally until onion is tender (about 8 minutes).
- Add garlic. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant (about one minute).
- Transfer mixture to pie plate. Pour egg mixture over top.
- Bake 25 minutes and remove from oven. Sprinkle with tomato. Return to oven and bake until set, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Hannah Bronfman