Keto Diet, Paleo Diet, Raw Food Diet… There are so many diets and it can be very hard to figure out which one is the right one for you. This is a crash course on the principles of the Weston A. Price Foundation to learn what type of diet you should be following to achieve maximum health!
The video below is a free lecture given by Sophie Alexander, Lead Practitioner.
Watch the full lecture here!
Healthy Food Ideas
What to pack for a healthy lunch that gets eaten!
- Include some sort of protein, veggie carb and a good healthy FAT
- Leftovers that were liked from the previous night’s dinner is a good place to start
- Raw cheese
- Olive oil for dressings
- Mayonnaise made with healthy oils. We recommend Chosen Foods Avocado Oil Mayo or Primal Kitchen
- Organic butter
- Coconut butter and/or oil
- Full fat canned coconut milk
Instead of a traditional sandwich for lunch try these options
- Deli meat “roll-ups” can be packed plain or rolled up with raw cheese, add condiments such as hummus or mustard for variety.
- “Pig dogs” or smoked sausages (found at the Piggery)
- Avocado mixed with a hard-boiled egg and bacon: can also be used as a filler for a sandwich or wrap
- Mason jar salads: Protein on the bottom with any sauce or dressing, then layer chopped veggies or toppings with lettuce and spinach on top. When ready to eat, shake jar to mix dressing and pour on plate.
Options for Sandwiches and Wraps
- Laurie’s Bread with melted butter (you can find it at Greenstar)
- Lettuce wraps
- Paleo wraps (coconut meat) available at Greenstar
- Siete wraps (you can find them at Greenstar)
- Barely Bread (available at Greenstar)
Or make your own grain-free bread. See recipe for grain free sandwich bread at the link below:
Snack options to pack
You can also go to https://www.westonaprice.org/ to learn more information. The Weston A. Price foundation has many resources that can help to navigate when it comes to food choices.
For $5.00 you can buy a digital version of their Shopping Guide and here is the link: https://www.westonaprice.org/digital-journals/
Download their “Find Real Food” app. as well.
Download their Healthy 4 Life booklet for free. This is the link: https://www.westonaprice.org/about-us/healthy-4-life/
We hope this information is of value to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you have questions or need any guidance!