EMFs – What are they and are they safe?
EMF is an electromagnetic field, which is an invisible area of energy, often referred to as radiation. It is associated with the use of electrical power and various forms of natural and man-made lighting. Our cell phones, cell towers, Bluetooth devices, microwaves, Wi-Fi routers, computers, smart meters, power lines, and many household appliances all send out an invisible stream of energy. We are practically bathed in EMFs at all times!
There is a lot of research being done as to whether or not EMFs are dangerous. Most of the research points to the fact that they may be carcinogenic to humans as well as cause cardiovascular disease and infections. Exposure has also been shown to decimate mitochondrial function, cause severe cellular damage, accelerate the aging process and put you at a higher risk for many chronic diseases. At the very least, caution is warranted.
There are two types of EMF exposure: low-level radiation (also called non-ionizing) and high-level radiation (ionizing). The items listed above emit low-level radiation. Examples of high-level radiation would be ultraviolet light, x-rays and medical imaging procedures (of course you should have these only when medically necessary). Devices emitting low-level radiation have become a big part of our lives, but there are actions you can take to minimize the risks associated with these.
Although cell phones have been around since the 1980s, cell phone only households are now the norm. People are using their cell phones continuously and starting at even younger ages (children have a thinner skull and ears so they are basically holding the phone closer to their brain). When you hold a cell phone to your ear you are essentially holding a two-way, microwave-radiating device next to your brain! Some things you can do to minimize your risk include:
Keep your cell phone use to a minimum.
Don’t hold your phone near your ear – use speaker phone and hold as far away as possible (three feet is optimal).
Avoid carrying your cell phone on your body or sleeping with it in your bedroom unless it is in airplane mode.
Protect your children by not allowing cell phone usage at an early age. It can take years or even decades for the damage done by EMF radiation to become evident.
These appliances are typically designed so that the microwaves are only produced when the oven is on and the door is shut. However, older models could seep. It is good practice to walk away from the microwave when it is on, just to be safe. Better yet, replace it with a steam convection oven which will heat your food just as quickly.
Studies have shown that Wi-Fi can contribute to a person’s toxic body burden. Shut it off when not in use, especially at night. You can hard wire your home so the Wi-Fi can be turned off at all times.
Connect your desktop to the internet via a wired connection. Put in airplane mode or turn off when not in use. Never use your computer on your lap when it is connected to a power source. Avoid wireless keyboards, trackballs, mice, game systems and printers. Always opt for wired versions.
General Household Suggestions
Shut off electricity to your bedroom at night and use a battery powered clock.
Avoid using “smart” appliances and thermostats that depend on wireless signaling.
If you have a baby, only use hard wired monitors.
Remove all fluorescent bulbs from your home and replace with incandescent bulbs.
Unplug appliances when not in use.
Use 100% beeswax candles and Himalayan salt lamps to absorb EMFs from the air.
Earthing is making direct contact with the earth, putting you in contact with electrons found on the surface of the earth. Take a walk on the beach or in the grass of your yard or nearby park. Researchers have found that this results in significant reductions in the voltage in the body.
Food is medicine so choose nutrient-rich options. Try adding pecans, pomegranate seeds, rosemary, asparagus, blueberries, walnuts, prunes, cruciferous vegetables, cinnamon, dates, broccoli and cilantro into your diet on a regular basis.
Symptoms of EMF Exposure
According to some scientists, EMFs can affect your body’s nervous system function and cause damage to cells. Cancer and unusual growths may be a symptom of very high EMF exposure. Other symptoms may include:
Tiredness or fatigue
Lack of concentration, changes in memory
Loss of appetite and weight loss
Restlessness and anxiety
Skin burning and tingling
The bottom line is EMFs occur naturally and also come from manmade sources. Be aware that they exist and be smart about exposure through x-rays and the sun. Follow guidelines for eliminating them in your home and eat a healthy, healing diet. We really don’t know enough about how these EMFs impact the human body. Pay attention to future research as more information will surely be revealed.
Is there something you can do about it?
We understand that sometimes you might not able to stay away from devices that emit EMFs so what can you do? You can protect yourself! We recommend the PURELIFE - UNS PERSONAL EMF NEUTRALIZER
How does it work?
By using the EMF Neutralizer you can significantly help offset and neutralize the negative effects of damaging environmental magnetic fields. Utilize a personal UNS Neutralizer multiple times daily to protect yourself. The Neutralizer actively broadcasts an 8 Hz signal that effectively neutralizes harmful EMF signals. Its bio field interaction promotes regulation of biochemical, cellular and neurological processes through low frequency healthy electromagnetic fields utilizing an active radiant source. The UNS Neutralizer provides you with a portable disruptive field for EMF protection for you and your family.
UNS PERSONAL EMF NEUTRALIZER
The UNS Personal EMF NEUTRALIZER is now available for purchase at Nutritional Wellness Center!